Services for Lenders
Lenders are key partners within the business community. We adopt a collaborative approach with a view to helping Lenders manage their exposure and achieve the best outcome for all parties with an interest in the process. Our main services for Lenders include –
• Independent Business Reviews
• Advising on the formal insolvency processes including CVAs, Receiverships, Administrations and Liquidations
• Acting as Insolvency Practitioners in formal insolvency appointments,
• Provision of free technical training, such as the practicalities of CVAs
• Advising and acting to maximize recoveries in personal insolvencies
Services for Accountants
Our focus at mlm is providing solutions to companies and individuals facing financial difficulties. We are not an accountancy practice and this gives us a competitive advantage over many other insolvency providers. We work alongside accountants to provide specialist input in appropriate cases. Our main services for Accountants include –
• Restructuring companies debt using the CVA tool
• Providing technical insolvency support
• Advising clients on business turnaround and insolvency matters
• Restructuring the debt of distressed sole traders and partnerships
• Working in partnership with your tax advisers, we provide Strategic Exit Solutions for owner managers looking to exit the business in a tax efficient manner.
• We always engage the client’s Accountants to assist us post insolvency, where there are sufficient funds to do so.
Services for Directors
When a company encounters financial difficulties, it is essential for directors to seek competent, professional advice. Our corporate solutions team will help you to establish which options might be available. Our main services for directors include –
• Assisting you to find new funding or helping you negotiate with existing lenders
• Restructuring the Company’s debt or helping you trade out of your difficulties using the CVA tool
• Advising on director’s responsibilities and potential liabilities or penalties
• Acting as Administrators in order to achieve the best outcome for creditors
• Acting as Liquidators in formal winding-ups, in order that all parties including creditors, employees, customers etc are properly handled
• Advising on Strategic Exit Solutions for owner managers looking to exit the business in a tax efficient manner.
Services for Creditors
We act for many creditors and their solicitors. These range from Crown creditors to individuals who are simply trying to recover what is properly due to them. Where there is a debt due to you or your client and you have exhausted the options available to you, we may be able to recover what is due to you. In 2010, we recovered £2million for creditors via formal insolvency processes.
MLM Personal Solutions
We advise many individuals from sole traders to people burdened with consumer debt. Our experience has taught us that the best way to begin addressing problems is to seek ways of repaying debt in full. This approach is always the most beneficial one for both individuals and their creditors. Where people simply do not have the ability to repay their debts, the best option is often bankruptcy. This provides an individual with debt relief, and allows the creditor to close the matter rather than spending further time and resources on a debt that will never be recovered. Our Personal Solutions include –
• Advice to Debtors, Creditors, Money Advisors and all others involved
• Debt restructure for consumer creditors using the Debt Arrangement Scheme (“DAS”)
• Debt restructure for sole traders and partnerships
• Protected Trust Deeds
• Sequestration (Scottish term for Bankruptcy)